The process of solar photovoltaic power generation is simple, no mechanical rotating parts, no fuel consumption, no emissions including greenhouse gases, no noise, no pollution; solar energy resources are widely distributed, inexhaustible and inexhaustible. Therefore, compared with new power generation technologies such as wind power generation and biomass power generation, photovoltaic power generation is a renewable energy power generation technology with the most sustainable development characteristics (the richest resources and the cleanest power generation process), and its main advantages as follows.
(1) Solar energy resources are inexhaustible and inexhaustible. The solar energy irradiated on the earth is nearly 6000 times larger than the energy currently consumed by human beings. Moreover, solar energy is widely distributed on the earth. Photovoltaic can be used as long as there is light. The power generation system is not restricted by factors such as region and altitude.
(2) Although on the surface of the earth, different dimensions, differences in climatic conditions and other factors will cause uneven solar radiation, because solar resources are available everywhere, power generation, power supply and electricity can be solved nearby without long-distance transmission. Investment in long-distance transmission lines and power loss.
(3) Photovoltaic power generation is a direct conversion from photons to electrons. There is no intermediate process (such as the conversion of thermal energy into mechanical energy, mechanical energy into electromagnetic energy, etc.) and mechanical motion, and there is no mechanical wear. According to thermodynamic analysis, photovoltaic power generation has a very high theoretical power generation efficiency, which can reach more than 80%, and there is great potential for technological development.
(4) Photovoltaic power generation itself does not use fuel, and the emission of greenhouse gases and other waste gas substances is almost zero. It does not produce noise, nor does it pollute the air and water, and is environmentally friendly. Will not suffer the impact of energy crisis or unstable fuel market, solar energy is truly green and environmentally friendly renewable new energy.
(5) The photovoltaic power generation process does not require cooling water, and the power generation device can be installed on deserts and Gobi where there is no water. Photovoltaic power generation can also be easily combined with the roof and wall of a building to form a distributed roof or photovoltaic building integrated power generation system. It does not require separate land occupation and can save valuable land resources.
(6) Photovoltaic power generation has no mechanical transmission parts, simple operation and maintenance, and stable and reliable operation. As long as a set of photovoltaic power generation system has solar and battery components, it can generate electricity, and with the widespread use of automatic control technology, it can basically realize unattended operation and low maintenance cost.
(7) The photovoltaic power generation system has stable and reliable working performance, long service life (more than 30 years), and the service life of crystalline silicon solar cells can be as long as 25 to 35 years. In the photovoltaic power generation system, as long as the design is reasonable and the model selection is appropriate, the battery life can be as long as 10 to 15 years.
(8) The solar cell module has a simple structure, small size and light weight, which is convenient for transportation and installation. The photovoltaic power generation system has a short construction period, and its capacity can be large or small according to the electricity load, which is convenient and flexible, and is extremely easy to combine and expand.
In addition, in recent years, the most widely used distributed photovoltaic power generation system is the use of various building roofs, agricultural facility roofs and family residential roofs. In addition to the above advantages, it also has the following advantages.
(1) Distributed photovoltaic power generation basically does not occupy land resources, and can generate and supply power nearby, without or using less transmission lines, reducing power transmission costs. Photovoltaic modules can also directly replace traditional wall and roof materials.
(2) When the distributed photovoltaic power generation system is connected to the distribution network, power generation and electricity consumption coexist. Power generation during the peak period of power supply from the power grid can effectively flatten the peak, reduce the city’s expensive peak power supply load, and to a certain extent alleviate the power shortage in some areas.